Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Brief Comment on the Death of Mike Ruppert by Self-inflicted Gunshot Wound:

By Jenna Orkin

   We always knew it could come to this. 

   To write about Mike requires the tranquility of recollection but at the moment, all is turmoil. 

Mike, you told us, "Evolve or perish."  Yet in Apocalypse Man you merged them, speaking of death as the ultimate evolution.  One day we'll all find out whether that is, in fact, the case but it's not the message you used to impart!

   Among the emails that cascaded in last night is a wonderful link which is sorely needed at such a time: Hope and Courage.  Accompanying it, the following quote from Thomas Keneally's Schindler's List:


   

3 comments:

rjs said...

my best friend, also a writer who was seen as a prophet, shot himself while sitting in a full lotus in November 68, and i've watched others who remain after a leader dies go through the same as i did since...if you're normal, you'll be pretty crazy for a few years...

musings said...

Jenna, thanks for your kind remark. My mother-in-law was a survivor of Auschwitz. I am an American "Boomer" and yet I need to go to her memory now and then to understand that surviving is the name of the game. There is no telling what graces God may bestow on us, whatever sort of higher power you believe in. We are meant to carry on.

But I can see that men especially become fearful of the loss of vitality and may even have undiagnosed heart disease sapping what they think is their spirit, but which is in reality physical. It happens around 60, and it happened to my husband. He's getting better now. He's the son of a survivor. He's the dream she had. We are our own person, but perhaps we are also someone else's dream. I am so sorry Mike went that way, and in fact I am sort of put out with him right now.

David Dieni said...

From the first time i saw Mike in Truth and lies of 9/11, his drive ,courage (though we are all fearful) his intellect and principles touched me personally. There are not many men that I genuinely admire, 3 or 4 maybe...Mike was one of them.

When I read all this it overwhelms me as I do feel the pain of others and the only person that has given me unconditional love was the friend i lost to a domestic violence incident and a police cover up. I am also isolated and have been an activis for years, and I am about to go public with evidence of my friends murder and take on the government here in Australia head on (the fish stinks from the head) I hope I am half the man he was and i will be sure to honour Mike and his work at every opportunity. Mike Ruppert, when this is over, you will be afforded the respect and place in history you deserve. This is a promise I make to you RIP

David J Dieni
29/4/2014